As news about the federal Infrastructure Expenditure and Employment Act continues to evolve, Construction Dive will be monitoring the most up-to-date developments right here each and every week. Examine on for tales about IIJA-funded projects, new guidance from the White Home and far more.
March 1, 2021
- States and local communities are ramping up plans to invest the billions of dollars in the Infrastructure Expense and Work opportunities Act that passed final yr. Here’s what the legislation has completed so much. (CNN)
- Arizona is set to receive at the very least $315 million from the IIJA for improvements to 3 ports of entry alongside the Mexican border to simplicity trade and make improvements to border stability. (Phoenix Small business Journal)
- President Joe Biden’s press to expand net provider by treating broadband extra like a public utility is on a collision course with guidelines in 17 states. (Route Fifty)
- Ohio and Kentucky ask the federal governing administration for $2 billion to resolve and substitute a bridge that turned a image for the duration of the discussion around the infrastructure act. (Connected Push)
- Minnesota and Wisconsin DOTs glance to exchange the growing older bridge that crosses the St. Louis River, and hope infrastructure act funds can assistance. President Biden will pay a visit to Exceptional, Wisconsin on Wednesday to market the regulation. (WPR)
- For Pennsylvania and other states, cash from the infrastructure act won’t occur no cost — localities will probable require to fiscally add to initiatives as properly. (WLVR)